Thursday, December 6, 2007

Violin

Back in California I started taking violin lessons in middle school in sixth grade. I played all through middle school, then I went to high school and played until tenth grade only because my music teacher broke his back and couldn't resume the lessons. In October of 2004 my mom, dad, brother, and I moved to Missouri, and when I went to a new high school I found out they didn't have any stringed instrument classes, but brass instruments, so that disappointed me. After I graduated high school in May of 2006 I got a job working at SDC (Silver Dollar City). This is my second year working there, I work in the Grand Exposition as a ride operator. This year after seeing the Haygoods I asked my mom if I could get back into playing the violin again, and she said yes, plus I had the money. I went to Engler's Block, it's in Branson after Dixie Stampede, just next to Pizza Hut, across from Dunkin' Donuts. I bought a violin and it took a couple weeks before it came in, and when it came in I bought it with my money, and I couldn't wait to start playing again. When I got home I took it out and I still remember how to play even though it has been a few years since I had. I am so excited about getting to play the violin again, I practice everyday, even after working long hours at work. Well, this just a little more about my life. If anyone has questions please ask and I will try to get back to you.

<3 Elizabeth

6 comments:

Tina said...

Thats so cool. I wish I'd started the violin in middle school. Or anytime before now, actually. = )
I'm inquiring into a music home-lessons thing at the moment.
I'm glad you're enjoying the violin again... There's nothing [at least for me] like music and horses to brighten one's day!
Maybe we could all listen to you play before fan nite? -nudge nudge-

Kim said...

I feel the same way about guitar. I wish I had starting playing it long before I did. And yeah music is just amazing. Glad you are enjoying violin!

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

I just started playing the violin this year. I'm on the haygoods MB~my name is brttluvsbranson.

annette07 said...

Elzabeth,

Congrats on restarting your violin lessons. I wish I would have started to play an instrument. But, then again, you have inspired me to want to try and find me calling.
Thank you

whisper said...

They didn't have string insturments? Thats nuts. In springfield I think they do. At least when I was in school they did. That was a while ago though lol.